In 1886 Thomas Train Mathieson arrived in the USA to supervise and develop the chemical company now known as Mathieson Alkali Company. The company quickly grew to become one of the major manufacturers of bleaching powders, alkalis, synthetic amonia and chlorine products in the USA. In 1892 Mathieson obtained the new electrolytic cell for the manufacturing of extremely pure caustic soda and chlorine.
A new plant was built at Niagara Falls and after many years of work, the Mathiesons developed a true calcium hypochlorite as a new chlorine donor.
As a result of this development, the hth® brand was first registered in 1928.
The name hth® originated from the new chlorine formula, meaning high test hypochlorite.
|1200 people||6 factories||5 Warehouses||900 products|
in the world
|in the group||globally||in Europe||in the portfolio|